Monday, 27 June 2011

The Biting Pancake Bug.

Happy Monday my precious peeps!!

I hope everyone had a greaat one.


Haha didn't mean to be a creep,
but something creepy happened to me this weekend.


Seriously.


I came down with something nasty this weekend guys.


Something BAD.


but in a really really good way...........



The pancake bug from blog land came to me on Saturday night
and bit me.



Hard guys, that pancake bugs bit me hard.



I developed trigger finger on my camera. and excess drooling problems over these lil' guys.



It must be something going around, for ALOT of my fellow bloggys are sick with pancake-ee fever too.



I hope us bloggers NEVER recover....brotha.


This nasty bug and lil' cakes came from many so many sources, the main concept though came from Megan and her single serving pancake idea..... but all my fellow bloggers who did pancakes this past week gave me the inspiration to create my own pancake batter that is so darn delish!

Blogger Bug Pancakes
By Lauren Hayward

1/3 cup raw oats
1 tbsp wheat germ
1/3 cup pure pumpkin, applesauce, banana
1 egg (or 1 tbsp flax, 2 tbsp water)
1/4 tsp baking powder
*Spices- 1/8 tsp or more of your fave spices ( cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves)
3 tbsp milk
1 heaping tbsp maple syrup or honey
1 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds.

*Combine all ingredients into a blender until somewhat smooth, but has a thick batter.Heat a non-stick skillet, when hot, cook pancakes until brown and crusty on both sides. ( Makes approx. 3 large for ONE)

* For my pancakes this weekend, I used 1/3 cup pumpkin, 1 tsp all spice and 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds. I topped it with fresh berries, vanilla yogurt and almond butter. Dried fruits, nuts and other nut butters would taste fab as well!


Fo' dranks I had my fave tea, English Breakfast in the best pot!! 




Isn't is cute! my sister brought it over from UK just for me!!
SO thank you Britt and BRITAIN for making adorable tea pots and delish tea.

Hahaha
So I am sorry that there was no challenge post and recipe today, but as you can see, the bug got the better of me.

*Scolding tones*

BAD bug


BAD.


But in a good way.

*Recap for my chef challenges*
  Lidia, Martha


Do you have any recipes that inspire you?
Any recipes you love or want me to try?
Keep chattering my peeps, I love reading your comments and questions!

-Lauren

8 comments:

brandi said...

the pancakes look great!

blondeonamission.com said...

Those look so good!!! I need to buy some wheat germ asap.. I've seen so many delicious recipes like this one using it.

Lauren said...

YUM! I went through a pancake stage. I'm sure they'll be back as soon as I get sick of overnight oats. But right now I can't imagine that happening :P

Sweet Potato Sarah said...

They look amazing, and i'm not even really a fan of pancakes (a crime, i know!)
Maybe this recipe will convert me :)

lauren lanza osias said...

mmmm pancakes... vegan flapjacks never come out as good when i make them.

http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
giveaway time with shabby apple...

Serena (Green Beans and Jam) said...

Mmm delish. The pancake Bug is the absolute best Bug to be Bitten with. Except maybe the Cupcake Bug...or the Pudding Bug (that one bit me bad!) :)

Cait's Plate said...

That tea pot is ADORABLE!

Also (as you know) totally had the pancake buy myself cause I had been seeing the all over the blog world. It's so funny how that happens! :)

blissfulbritt said...

Ohh those pancakes look soo amazing.

Popular Posts

Follow by Email