Wednesday, 15 June 2011

If you like it then you shoulda put a LID on it- Summer Shak 'em Salads (Part One)

Baha. I love this title, sorry but it makes me think of something I reallyreally like!

What is it you may ask ( well more like who is it?)........

BEYONCE- Oh my geez...So fierce! I honestly love the music, the moves, everything! (in a straight girl way)
Hot Mess.
But dear readers, this post is not about Beyonce or her amazing dance moves. No, this post is about easy summa salads that are so darn good, you gotta put a LID on it to stop yourself from eating them. But feel free to keep pickin at them because they are sooo healthy and tasty too :)

There are two recipes for you guys because I am awesome. Your welcome.

NUMBA/PART ONE:

Crunchtastic Tuna Salad- adapted from Every Day Food Magazine

1 Cucumber- Chopped in half (lengthwise) and into 1/2 inch pieces
2 Celery Stalks- Washed, chopped in half (lengthwise and itty bitty pieces)
1/2 Small Sweet Onion ( such as WallaWalla, or Vidalia)- Chopped into small strips
2 Cans Tuna- Drained and flaked.



Mix all these together in a bowl with a fitted lit (Tupperware is best!) THEN get....

1/4 Olive Oil (Extra Virgin Light)
2 Tbsp White Vinegar ( Red would work to)
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp white sugar
Salt and Peppa to taste ( Pepper is REALLY good in it)
* And mix those in a separate (smaller bowl)

THEN- Add liquids to the main dish, put on a lid and SHAKE-SHAKE-SHAKE your...um Tupperware.
*Let sit in the fridge to abit, garnish with fresh parsley if desired

Adding the liquid.

For those reader's who care...yes yes I did shake my money maker with this bootylicious tuna salad in my hands. And no there will be no picture of me doing it!
But! I believe you should try this delish concoction ( it will give you the excuse to
 a) shake something reallyreally hard
 b) dance in the kitchen!
c) BOTH!

So enjoy this one peeps! it really is soooo addictive (especially if you are a tuna fan- YEAH FISH!)

Click here for fun facts about TunaCukes and Celery :) 

PS- Stay tuned for PART TWO of my Summa Shake'em Salads ( yes Beyonce will be mentioned again!!)
* I wish that would happen at my school (see Beyonce link) *

I am off to practise my little bum off for... GRADE 10 Piano: Royal Conservatory Practical Examination....eek! its tomorrow at 9AM (yes AM folks)

Laters- Lauren.                                         

10 comments:

The Teenage Taste said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, Lauren! I love yours already. That salad looks awesome!
Good luck on your Piano Exam. It sound pretty intense!

Serena said...

I love the idea of shake 'em salads. :) I hate when salads get 'soggy' or heavy on top because the dressings sometimes congeal and then are 'naked' on the bottom. Problem solved.

Amanda @ .running with spoons. said...

Nothing wrong with having a girl crush! I have several ;) And good luck on your piano exam! I used to play when I was younger, and I only got up to grade 6 or something, but I remember the exams being pretty crazy. Knock 'em dead with your mad skills!

Sweet Potato Sarah said...

Oooh you can buy salads in shakers at M&S but i bet this would be MUCH tastier (and cheaper!)
Looks delicious :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss said...

hahaha! I totally shake my money maker when mixing stuff. Salad, pudding..anything. Just another reason to dance! ;)

Lisa @ Healthydiaries.com said...

You are adorable and I can't wait to see more of your Summa Shake'em Salads! :))

Kara said...

this salad is amazing! I can't wait for you to make it again Lauren. :)

sheila @ Elements said...

Looks wonderful! I don't have any celery, but I'll make this for lunch...substituting tomatoes for cucumbers! Oh...and I'll have to add a lot of onions. I just can't get enough of them! :)

Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]RsGrWQ[/url] - JhWynCaLRNlL , http://yuxeflk.com

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]JVjPlYThVIFOdpHS[/url] - JWide - http://iluubcb.com

Popular Posts

Follow by Email