Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Mambo Numba 5 ( WIAW 5)

Hello FRIENDS and fellow Vegemite dis-likers ( hate is a strong word Mom says...)
Man! I cannot believe the enthusiasm about Vegemite, Cookies, Shrimp, and U2! Love that enthusiasm guys! and all the those lovely comments.
Seriously!
Love ya friends :)

Any WAY. It is Wednesday. The week is half-way ova ( YES) and I have the day off tomorrow ( double-yesyes!) What should I do....haha do I even have to ask?

BAKE. COOK. BLOG.
that would be an amazing t-shirt eh?
(CALLED IT. DONT STEAL THE IDEA!)

You know what I find funny though?
That even though I am about to post about my lovely eats today, then proceed to creep around to others food blogs, I find that my eats really are from TUESDAY...rather than WENESDAY....
I am the only one?
WHATEVER! that does not stop me from shaking my groove-thang in the kitchen, taking pictures and posting them for you.

Here they are creeps friends...enjoy the PARTY


Peas and Crayons
MAMBO NUMBER 5 WIAW
First, lets set the moood with music while you do your creeping...your welcome!


Please let me be not the only one who made dance moves to this song...anyone??

Breakfast
Off to a good start!
Bluebs...
Excellent.
*Overnight Oatmeal (in a almond butter jar)
-Added 1/2 pumpkin while cooking, honey
2 tbsp ground flax seed, HUGH handful of local berries.

Feeling the beat ya'll? dancing it up in your seats already?
Hope SO

LUNCH






*Blueberry-Mango Slush
( just blend frozen fruit with yogurt until ice cream like)
*Tuna, Spinach and Tomato pita ( with snow peas!)
*Apple Cookies

SNACKAGE



Recipe coming soon!

Dinner




Best meal of the day
HANDS DOWN!
BBQ Scallops with dressing
*Stir fry with local beans, peppers, and asparagus
* Onions, Broccoli and Cauliflower
BAM

DESSERT


Damn you addictive Australian cookies
I love you.

Ok!
thats my part for today!
The song is probably done anyway...
(I played it 3 times before I got sick of it!)
Off to creep my friends...
Enjoy your Wednesday
See ya soon with new recipes!
(WOOTWOOT)

-Lauren.

PS- Check Anne's amazing giveaway!

23 comments:

Alexis said...

Your breakfast looks amazing!! Delicious eats :) I love overnight oats in a jar. I'm almost done an almond butter jar now and I'm so excited to finish it so I can have some of that deliciousness

Amanda @ .running with spoons. said...

Haha I remember that song. And I've always wondered about the whole Tuesday vs Wednesday thing for WIAW... but it's delicious food either way, so I guess it doesn't matter :D

Allison @ PickyEatingRD said...

hahahah it seems like I was not alone in my "dislike" for vegemite! What yummy eats and those cookies are soooo sooo addicting I agree.

Tessa @ Amazing Asset said...

Overnight oats in a jar of one of my favorite breakfast items! I remember when I first saw those on a blog I was completely grossed out...oh how wrong I was :)
My WIAW posts usually show eats from the whole week

blissfulbritt said...

I had to make a dance to Mambo numero cinco when I was in like 5th grade. It was for my music class. The entire class did it. Thinking back now, I don't understand why we danced to this song. My music teacher was WEIRD.

Your food = BOMB! I think a lot of people use the food from Tuesday for WIAW so don't even worrry about it. Otherwise you would have to post at night.

Lele said...

Agh I totally forgot Mambo Number Five. It will now be stuck in my head for a long time.

Jennifer said...

Dozens of bloggies photograph tuesdays! I'm photographing today for next week, and so on... though sometimes I mix it up and throw in a weekend day or a trip! Anything goes! <3 muahaha!

now I will continue singing mambo #5 thank you!

livefortoday said...

love that sonng yes you have to boogie to it.

FamilyFoodFitnessandFun said...

You food looks delish! I have yet to try overnight oats in a jar...gotta finish my peanut butter soon so I can try it :)

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate said...

I love me some scallops :)

feeedingbrainandbody said...

Everything looks so great! Your smoothie is so thick!! :)

Cait's Plate said...

Oh my gosh - everything just kept getting better as I scrolled through this post! LOVING your eats :)

Simply Life said...

Thank you for the reminder - I saw your post and just made my overnight oats! :)

thecookieboss said...

Mambo Number 5 certainly did set the mood for those amazing food pics! But I bet your dance moves are better than the retarded head bobbing I did as soon as I started the song.

-Your favorite creep!

iheartvegetables said...

I want one of those tshirts! So since you trademarked it, can you make me one? ;)

I'll take one of those popsicle makers too, while we're at it!

Andrea @ Vegvacious said...

Ok girl --- you've gotta get a patent on that shirt!! Love it. Would totally buy it!

melonshots said...

your breakfast does look AWESOME!

sheila @ Elements said...

Love, love, love that song!!! And everything you made looks and sounds so good...especially that blueberry mango slush and the spinach tomato pita!

I've never tried making overnight oats before...always forget when I get to the end of my jar. Why oh why can't I remember??

The scallops and veggies look great but I'm allergic to shellfish unfortunately. :(

Enjoy your day and enjoy some of those yummy cookies for me! :)

Lauren@Lauren Loves Good Food said...

Oh my gosh, I used to hate that song so much! I guess I'm over it now though. I take my WIAW pictures on Tuesday. It's just easier. Especially since Tuesday is my day off and I don't have to bore you all with any pictures of food in tupperware. I've only made scallops once and wasn't a big fan but I'd love to try them again!

kristi (sweet cheeks) said...

oh my, BBQ scallops?!? Get out. That sounds so good right now!!

I hear Marantha has the best almond butter. You agree? I need to get my hands on some!

amelia @ princessandthefrosting said...

That is my absolute favourite kind of almond butter! Nice choice :)

Simply Life said...

great looking breakfast!

Michelle @ TacomaAromaEats said...

Mmm, stir frys (ies)? are so easy and are always delicious. Your dinner looks/ sounds delectable!

Popular Posts

Follow by Email