Monday, 26 September 2011

Ch-Ch-Changes

HAPPY MONDAY!

Notice anything different?



I thought so.

Thanks again to Britt to the re-design and such. Look forward to more ch-ch-changes coming soon. (Think me finally being on twitter, and a facebook page!) Exciting, I know! What else should I be adding do you think?

You know what else is exciting?


Yes, fresh figs are exciting, to some I suppose. I honestly prefer the dried ones!



Anyone agree...anyone?

Onto other things! 
Like an amazing lunchtime/anytime recipe! Anyone? Anyone?





I thought so.

I have been eating this for lunch lately/all the TIME! It is filling, colourful and fairly easy to make. With rice, black beans, and a ton of vegetables you know your going to be eating some good stuff! Not to mention it comes from a very AMAZING source.....

Rainbow Salad:
Adapted from here

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 chopped sweet onion
  • 1 large tomato chopped
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp coriander
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 green onion, chopped (optional)
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated

Directions: Cook the basmati rice on the stove top according to the package directions. In a large skillet, add the tablespoon of oil over low-medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until golden. Add spices, garlic, and optional green onion and sauté on low for a few minutes. Add in the soy sauce and the black beans and stir well. Heat for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add the frozen peas, grated carrots, and frozen corn and stir well. Heat on low for a few minutes.


Simple, amazing, and exciting!
Yes, I am amused easily.

But you know what else is exciting?

From my 18th bday.
My birthday is coming up!
Looking forward to Wednesday even more now, can't wait!!
See you then friends!

-Lauren.

23 comments:

Shannon said...

Loving the new blog layout! :) Yay! Cant wait to like you on Facebook and follow you on Twitter!!
Whens your birthday?? :D

Cat said...

Love figs. Reminds me of eating them fresh of the bush at my grandmother's.

spinachandspice said...

Love the new blog layout. Happy early birthdayyyyy :D You're so pretty girl! Post more pictures of yourself :D

Cait's Plate said...

LOVE the redesign!! Seriously it looks so good!!

Chelsea said...

The new layout is so cute!

And I totally agree about figs - I much prefer the dried ones. Fresh figs are kind of tasteless. :P

Alyse said...

I like the new layout! I prefer dried figs as well. Of course, I've never had a fresh one, so my choice is easy.

Tessa @ Amazing Asset said...

Loving the new design!! So pretty and eye catchin!

cheesymiteapples said...

The new blog revamp is lovely!
Figs yum I enjoy semi dried ones best :)
Happy Birthday in advance!!

Courtney said...

I LOVE the new design!! So fresh and clean! :)

k said...

I LOVE fresh figs! I never tried dried ones before. And I love your new blog layout! :)

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog said...

I Love fresh figs! I never tried dried ones before. And I love your new blog layout! :)

Emily said...

Be prepared to see me copy your lunch on Wednesday for our lunch date. I've been watching you eat it for weeks now...(creepalicious I know, but that's just how i roll)

Katie said...

I love the new layout! Especially the colors. Happy early birthday! :)

Baking Serendipity said...

I love the new design! And the rainbow salad :) I go through phases where I eat the same thing for lunch each day too. Need to add this to the rotation!

Jessica @ rerunrunning said...

LOVE the blog layout!!! Such a dang cute style! And I've never had a fig, dried or fresh... well, I guess I've had them in Newton form... haha. But the rainbow salad looks awesome!!

So, your bday is the 5th? Wednesday? Mine, too! We could be birthday buddies!!! :)

Errign said...

Love your new layout. So pretty & clean! :)

buttonss said...

Ive never tried a fresh fig, I realllly love the dried ones though, in fact, I ate one just now haha.
Woo birthdays are always exciting!! Hope you get some awesome presents.

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance said...

I love the new layout :)

Happy early birthday, Lauren!

lactosefreelizzie said...

I LOVE THE NEW LAYOUT!!! it looks fantastic girl!!

Kalie said...

oh my heart wants those figs!!! Someone make sure to paint one on my grave when I die please?

iheartvegetables said...

Love the redesign! Happy early birthday!

Allison @ PickyEatingRD said...

OHHH EMMM GEEE I love the new blog layout! It fits you perfectly!

Alexia @NamasteYoga said...

i love figs- i actually prefer them fresh, with a dollop of greek yoghurt, cinnamon and honey! mhmm....

Popular Posts

Follow by Email