Friday, 28 October 2011

Wishing for Desserts

I know, I know.............

ITS DESSERT FRIDAY!
I am so happy you folks get as excited as me about this little trend!
It seriously is amazing!
Miss ONE?- Check them out!

1. Apricot Peach Crumble
2. Fresh Fruit and Nut Tart
3. Chocolate Pudding Pie
4. Gingerbread Brownies
5. Blueberry Cobbler
6. Apple Spice Cakes
7. Sweet Potato Pie
8. Peanut Butter Balls
9. Tofu Pumpkin Pie
10. Maple Pecan Sticky Rolls

Need another? I think so....


SUB- Pears, Apples, Anything! 

Hugging Pears....

There are no words




Streusel Pear Cake
Adapted from here.

For the cake
¼ cup butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup milk (2% ideally)
2 large pears, peeled and washed

Streusel topping
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp soft margarine
1 tsp nutmeg (or cardamom or cinnamon)

For the cake
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease an 8-inch square cake pan (a 9-inch square pan or springform pan will do too). In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and egg yolks until fluffy. Combine flour and baking powder; beat into egg mixture alternately with milk. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into batter. Turn into prepared pan. Halve pears and arrange over top.

For the streusel topping
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, margarine and nutmeg; mix well and sprinkle over fruit.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until top is golden and toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.




I think you know the drill as well....amazing with ice cream...!
Enjoy your weekend everyone, eat some dessert.
What's your favourite weekend indulgence?

-Lauren

26 comments:

Allison said...

Ice cream or fro yo is definitely my favorite weekend indulgence. I'd love this a la mode!!!!

oatsnbows.com said...

I have never had anything like this... and I can't believe I haven't. It looks SO good! I love pears :)

feeedingbrainandbody said...

Yum, this looks delicious, my brother once made something that looked like this but with blueberries on top! Yay for it finally being the weekend :)

cheesymiteapples said...

Green tea ice cream or Gelato is my weekend indulgence!

Shannon said...

YUM! :) I love all the desserts you post, they seriously always look soo good! I need to do some baking this weekend! :)

vanillalemonade.com said...

That looks so perfect for this big football weekend!

blissfulbritt said...

Ohhh my goodness pear love. I had one of these gorgeous pears today..and then I dropped it!!!!! It was a sad..sad day. I don't have weekday indulgences, I have "whenever I need something sweet" indulgences!

Simply Life said...

wow! what a cake! it looks like it's filled with delicious layer after layer!

Allison @ PickyEatingRD said...

In my next life I am coming back as your roommate so I can enjoy all these tasty desserts!!

Savannah @Sweet and Savvy said...

I need to live in your house every Friday! These recipes look ahhhmazing !

Jaz said...

One word: Delicious! I love ice cream!

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers said...

Oh no... definitely didn't need to see this Monday morning while there's Halloween candy scattered all around the office! haha

thehealthyapron said...

wow! I love pears! This looks so incredible!

Kelsey said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Stephanie said...

Is it just me, or are the weeks zooming by? It feels like a blink of an eye from one dessert Friday to the next! This one is completely new to me. I like that you feature "old-fashioned" looking desserts. Looks delicious!

iheartvegetables.com said...

That sounds divine!!!! I loooove pears. I didn't used to. Now I LOVE them.

Charissa said...

Mmmm, this all looks fantastic! I love anything creamy...a light, chocolate mousse is one of my favourite things on the weekend!

spinachandspice said...

STREUSEL TOPPING. mmmmmmm girl.
I love lattes on the weekend. They're just so dang expensive to get on a regular basis. But pumpkin spice latte on a sunday morning? nowww we're talking

Kris | iheartwellness.com said...

Oh my goodness...i love pears!!! This looks absolutely divine!!

I treat on chocolate every stinking day and on the weekends i like a good muffin ;) Mmmm

xxoo

Baking Serendipity said...

This looks fantastic! I always forget about pears because I'm obsessed with apples this time of year, but this is definitely the reminder I needed :)

Cait's Plate said...

Oh my that looks absolutely incredible!! I would serve that up with a big scoop of ice cream and be perfectly happy! :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss said...

How perfect! I've just been thinking I need to bake something this afternoon. And that pear crumble looks delicious!!

Stephanie @ Snacking on Sunshine said...

Aww, the hugging pears are precious!!
My favorite weekend indulgence is definitely blissberri fro-yo with some serious toppage.

Stephanie @ Snacking on Sunshine said...

Aww, the hugging pears are precious!!
My favorite weekend indulgence is definitely blissberri fro-yo with some serious toppage.

Erika - The Teenage Taste said...

Oooh, that cake looks yummy! I'm not a big fan of pears but I'd love to try it with apples! Thanks for posting the recipe!

spinachandspice said...

OMG the carmelization on top! That looks so good. Lauren, you're a genius. :)

Popular Posts

Follow by Email