But things have changed my friends. I now am loving to try out new combos like that!
Things have changed! But before we get to that....
Happy Tuesday! I feel like I haven't written to you for abit (which is true). Sorry about that, things got a tad crazy with finals and such, but that is done now, and I can welcome Christmas properly...with you all! Heck yes! Nothing like a Christmas party! And awards....!
That's right. I've been tagged in the versatile blogger award from Haley. The rules are for me to share 7 random facts with you all. Which is no problemo, since I am quite the random gal.
1. I honestly do not like cheesecake. Shocking I know, but seriously putting cheese in cake gives me the creeps. Chills in fact....anyone else? no? just me..?
2. I can sing every single song from the following musicals- Phantom of the Opera, Joseph and the Amazing TTechnicolour Dreamcoat, Hairspray, Grease, Sound of Music, Oklahoma. Not well mind you, I just know all the songs, to well.
3. I haven't updated my ipod in over 4 months, its been dead for 3 months, I just sing to myself at the gym or when I work out ( see number 3)
4. I didn't know what Cheese Whiz was until I was 14. *shudder*
5. I have a lucky scarf I wear to all my exams.
6. I prefer dark DARK chocolate (like 90%) over milk, or regular dark varieties
7. I hardly ever wear my contacts, I love my glasses way WAY to much.
Well that was fun! Kinda...anyone relate to these randoms?
Okay! Onto the party!
The Savoury Food Creeping Party....on a Tuesday, instead of actually Wednesday...enjoy!
*1/2 cup rolled oats (or rice flakes)
*1 cup water or vegetable broth
*pinch of basil, oregano, pepper, cayenne and salt
-Place oats in a small pot, pour water or stock over top and cook until water has completely dissolved, then add the spices you want. Feel free to mix it up and get creative!
Stir in and let sit, so it sets up a bit - and cook your egg!
Use a small pan, oil it well with olive oil and wait until hot.
Then, crack your egg and wait until set, flip carefully with a rubber spatula
Cook the other side until cooked (to your desire)- I like mine a bit drippy.
Place on a bed of lettuce, place and serve with whatever veggie you want!
Some good sides/add in's:
*Marinated artichokes, peppers, olives
*Tomato's, tomato sauce, salsa (recommended!)
*Peas, endamame, corn, sauteed spinach, cheese
* Pumpkin/sunflower seeds, chopped almonds or walnuts
* A bit of fresh parsley, basil or oregano (for the top)
* Berries, jam (love eggs and jam!)-for a sweet aspect.
Bam! Random yes, but delicious! I think so!
Try them out folks! The sweet and salty combo is here to stay!
Enjoy the rest of your day, and week!
I will be back soon with a sweet for all mah sweeties!
It's been to long my friends, to long.