Monday, 16 January 2012

Slow Cooked Comfort

Hey! How was everyone weekend? Mine seemed to be filled with readingsreadingreadings....and more readings! Wow, I never expected to be this busy once I got back to school! But being in History AND creative writing/English literature will do that do you! I am also taking an online class this semester which is pretty cool, but those readings on top of my others will slowly kill me....I am sure.... *note* - being entirely sarcastic and a school baby, but we all do/did it so let me vent....

.....

In other words! I was going through my food pictures the other day, and came across quite a goldmine! Something again from the past (like my WIAW post!) but a tad different. This meal was something I had made for an amazing guy, but never got a chance to show you all!



Lets just say it started off really good! winkwinkwinkwink*


Any guesses maybe? I remember it was a cold November night, awfully windy, rainy, dark and stormy!


I had prepped alot of the food the night before, because I would be at school late that night, till about 7:00pm, but didn't get home until about 8:00pm! Ugh, frustration....

This lateness may have to do with me falling in a huge puddle trying to get to my car, while wrestling an umbrella that had broken because of the wind!



Oh yes.....I was not a happy camper by the time I had gotten to my car
Wet, hair matted to my face, sock drenched in muddy puddle water, make-up smeared... you get the picture right? Not attractive, cold and a little pissed.


Luckily, I had followed this amazing recipe! That alot of my work simply cooked itself

















All I had to do was a few things in the morning before school, put carefully in my slow cooker and let it do it's amazing magic, or whatever a slow cooker does....

















Slow cook....right! And man o MAN it was magical!


source

All for the love of thy family I guess!



Love you Dad. Happy Belated BELATED Birthday, if I never told you-thanks for reading as always ;)

How about you? Do you make special meals for your family? What are they? Ever wrestled a wet, soggy umbrella? Fell in a huge puddle?

Have a great Monday! Go cook yourself some slow cooked comfort!

-Lauren

18 comments:

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco said...

That look delish, and happy birthday to your special guy! ;)

Made in Sonoma said...

Your pictures are making me hungry!

Sunshine said...

You are making me hungry! Looks delish!

www.cancerinthecity.com

Allison said...

oh my gosh this looks so good! my boyfriend would love this email. hmmm...inspiration!

Katie said...

Happy belated b-day to your Dad! I love slow cooker meals- especially on dreary days :)

B said...

Cute post! I love cooking for my family...I'll have to try this recipe out on them. It looks delicious!

Courtney said...

Look at that effort. Your dad's a lucky man! :)

Tessa @ Amazing Asset said...

Mmm what a perfect meal for winter!

Simply Life said...

I LOVE using the slow cooker- looks like a great meal!

Connie the Cookie Monster said...

my weekend was all about readingsreadingsreadingsreadings too. and im in sciences so the substance of the readings sucked

claire @ the realistic nutritionist said...

AWww what a sweet dish! I've yet to make this and I'm dying to try.

Allison @ PickyEatingRD said...

This dish reminds me of Julia and Julia. Makes me smile!

iheartvegetables.com said...

Obviously I don't eat meat... but I'll take some of that wine ;) haha

Happy birthday to the man-friend!

blissfulbritt said...

Your family is awesome! Happy birthday to your dad!

Miss Smart said...

Hahaha so I am glad I read the whole post, because I was about to say "the food looks yummy, but I want to know more about this 'special guy'" and then I realized it was your dad! Of course, there is nothing wrong with Dad being the special man in your life. :)

Stephanie said...

Looks delicious! Happy birthday to your dad.

Charissa said...

I know what you mean...studying is SO intense. My stack of books will choke me in the end. :) But we'll get through this!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

That red wine is so good! We get it all the time. I want this for dinner tonight... Maybe this weekend :)

Popular Posts

Follow by Email