Thursday, 14 November 2013

Shoes, Soup and Sparkle


*Warning*

This is a wedding post,
But!
A soup post as well.
So its a win win situation for whoever is reading.

Wedding things first:

I have a dilemma, I cannot find shoes for my dress.
Before you all start rolling your eyes, scanning down for the soup recipe, listen to my distress.
Or at least pretend to.

I'm 5'3, the fiance is 6'3...


Needless to say, I'll be needing more heels in the future, especially for July 6th.
Any thoughts? Brands? Suggestions?
I seriously need help people, I own one pair of heels, and according to my mother, I "need"
heels to be a proper married woman...or something like that...
Here are some pictures I like...

Adrianna Papell Boutique Fidazzle Sandal | DSW

Burgundian Heels from BHLDN


Okay! Onto the soup, because seriously, I am sick of looking at shoe pictures. Actually, I'm sick of looking at wedding pictures in general. It's time for a food break!





You may have seen this picture before, it's my own recipe for carrot soup.
My favourite vegetable, yes I absolutely love carrots, and soup.
So it's another win win situation.


















Roasted Carrot and Onion Soup

6 whole carrots, peeled
1 sweet potato, peeled
2 celery stalks, washed and trimmed
10 small onions (or 2 large)
1 tsp cumin
3 cups vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley to top *

*optional

















First, roast the onions, sweet potato, and carrots in a 400 F oven until brown and caramelized. This will take about 45 minutes. Then chop the celery and fry it in a bit of olive oil with the cumin until soft. Add the roasted carrots and onions. Add two cups of warmed vegetable stock and let simmer for 15 minutes. Using an immersion blender puree half or all of the soup, add salt and pepper to taste.



Ummmmm yes delicious. Seriously so easy, and you're eating them vegetables!
Enjoy blog friends! 

xoxo

Lauren


Oh wait! I forgot the sparkle part of the post....



232 days folks, still no towel registry.








3 comments:

cheesymiteapples said...

Gorgeous Ring, totally my style!!

mango dash said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table,but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.

Mango Juice Manufacturers

Connie the Cookie Monster said...

congrats!!! please come back and bloggg, i wanna hear absolutely everything about the wedding. im a sucker for romantic stuff like that :P

Popular Posts

Follow by Email